It takes cojones the size of Phobos and Deimos to premiere your new single by broadcasting it from the surface of Mars but, in a publicity stunt that rivals the Palace of Versailles for the most self-indulgent undertaking in human history, will.i.am has hooked up with NASA to do precisely that. (If your first thought upon reading that last sentence was that Mars’ moons would make an incredibly asymmetrical set of cojones then you, my friend, are way too educated for your own good.) For those who missed Reach for the Stars (Mars Version) when it was blasting from the Curiosity rover’s sound system at 1:00 PM PST today, we’re proud to present the recod—an epic, artist-produced jam featuring lyrics celebrating will’s love of science, a children’s choir, enough strings to fill a symphony orchestra and copious of ad-libs from guest artist Lil Jon. #willpower doesn’t drop till October 15, but those feeling the single can cop it now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)