It takes cojones the size of Phobos and Deimos to premiere your new single by broadcasting it from the surface of Mars but, in a publicity stunt that rivals the Palace of Versailles for the most self-indulgent undertaking in human history, will.i.am has hooked up with NASA to do precisely that. (If your first thought upon reading that last sentence was that Mars’ moons would make an incredibly asymmetrical set of cojones then you, my friend, are way too educated for your own good.) For those who missed Reach for the Stars (Mars Version) when it was blasting from the Curiosity rover’s sound system at 1:00 PM PST today, we’re proud to present the recod—an epic, artist-produced jam featuring lyrics celebrating will’s love of science, a children’s choir, enough strings to fill a symphony orchestra and copious of ad-libs from guest artist Lil Jon. #willpower doesn’t drop till October 15, but those feeling the single can cop it now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.