It takes cojones the size of Phobos and Deimos to premiere your new single by broadcasting it from the surface of Mars but, in a publicity stunt that rivals the Palace of Versailles for the most self-indulgent undertaking in human history, will.i.am has hooked up with NASA to do precisely that. (If your first thought upon reading that last sentence was that Mars’ moons would make an incredibly asymmetrical set of cojones then you, my friend, are way too educated for your own good.) For those who missed Reach for the Stars (Mars Version) when it was blasting from the Curiosity rover’s sound system at 1:00 PM PST today, we’re proud to present the recod—an epic, artist-produced jam featuring lyrics celebrating will’s love of science, a children’s choir, enough strings to fill a symphony orchestra and copious of ad-libs from guest artist Lil Jon. #willpower doesn’t drop till October 15, but those feeling the single can cop it now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.