Though the Black Eyed Peas are currently on hiatus from touring and recording, frontman will.i.am has taken it upon himself to provide the requisite dance-pop soundtrack to 2011’s year-end festivities. Fresh off the success of #willpower lead single T.H.E., will returns with a follow-up perfectly calibrated for New Year’s rotation. Where its predecessor was elaborate and high-concept, featuring guest contributions from the improbable duo of J-Lo and Mick Jagger, Great Times is as simple in concept and straightforward in execution as it gets. Over his own electro boardwork, a four-on-the-floor arrangement that builds from a stark synth-bass groove to an appropriately explosive chorus, the artist born William James Andrew, Jr, encourages listeners to revisit their fond memories of the past 12 months before bidding the old world adieu and venturing forth into an even brighter tomorrow. So, how about it, Booth readers—are you going to be requesting Great Times at your New Year’s bash? While this cut is currently only available from the Brazilian iTunes store, fans will be able to pick it up as part of the artist’s fourth solo album when the project hits stores next year.
Written by richard on 12/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.