Though the Black Eyed Peas are currently on hiatus from touring and recording, frontman will.i.am has taken it upon himself to provide the requisite dance-pop soundtrack to 2011’s year-end festivities. Fresh off the success of #willpower lead single T.H.E., will returns with a follow-up perfectly calibrated for New Year’s rotation. Where its predecessor was elaborate and high-concept, featuring guest contributions from the improbable duo of J-Lo and Mick Jagger, Great Times is as simple in concept and straightforward in execution as it gets. Over his own electro boardwork, a four-on-the-floor arrangement that builds from a stark synth-bass groove to an appropriately explosive chorus, the artist born William James Andrew, Jr, encourages listeners to revisit their fond memories of the past 12 months before bidding the old world adieu and venturing forth into an even brighter tomorrow. So, how about it, Booth readers—are you going to be requesting Great Times at your New Year’s bash? While this cut is currently only available from the Brazilian iTunes store, fans will be able to pick it up as part of the artist’s fourth solo album when the project hits stores next year.
Written by richard on 12/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.