Though the Black Eyed Peas are currently on hiatus from touring and recording, frontman will.i.am has taken it upon himself to provide the requisite dance-pop soundtrack to 2011’s year-end festivities. Fresh off the success of #willpower lead single T.H.E., will returns with a follow-up perfectly calibrated for New Year’s rotation. Where its predecessor was elaborate and high-concept, featuring guest contributions from the improbable duo of J-Lo and Mick Jagger, Great Times is as simple in concept and straightforward in execution as it gets. Over his own electro boardwork, a four-on-the-floor arrangement that builds from a stark synth-bass groove to an appropriately explosive chorus, the artist born William James Andrew, Jr, encourages listeners to revisit their fond memories of the past 12 months before bidding the old world adieu and venturing forth into an even brighter tomorrow. So, how about it, Booth readers—are you going to be requesting Great Times at your New Year’s bash? While this cut is currently only available from the Brazilian iTunes store, fans will be able to pick it up as part of the artist’s fourth solo album when the project hits stores next year.
Written by richard on 12/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)