I know what you’re thinking. Club-music genius will.i.am, releasing a record titled “Go Home?” Whatever happened to drinking and partying the whole night through? No need to worry—while I have no doubt that wiseacre DJs will repurpose the Black Eyed Peas frontman’s latest effort as a danceable way to nudge their clientele toward the door at closing time, the song is less about actually going home than it about the alternative; going hard. A remixed B-side to single T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever), Home finds will coming together with Grammy-winning house producer Wolfgang Gartner to render the chart-smashing single even more driving and danceable, crafting a streamlined four-on-the-floor instrumental accented with ‘Woo-hoo!‘s in the style of Blur’s stadium classic, Song 2. With original feature J-Lo absent, Mick Jagger picks up the slack on the guest tip and as usual the Stones frontman exhibits more energy and attitude than any 68-year-old rocker has a right to. The lyrics? Well, they’re still complete gibberish. But hey, as Kanye taught us, you don’t have to make sense to get a crowd going gorillas. Fans can find this dancefloor-scorching remix and much more on will.i.am’s second solo album, set to hit stores April 30.
Written by richard on 01/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got It From My Mama" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.