I know what you’re thinking. Club-music genius will.i.am, releasing a record titled “Go Home?” Whatever happened to drinking and partying the whole night through? No need to worry—while I have no doubt that wiseacre DJs will repurpose the Black Eyed Peas frontman’s latest effort as a danceable way to nudge their clientele toward the door at closing time, the song is less about actually going home than it about the alternative; going hard. A remixed B-side to single T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever), Home finds will coming together with Grammy-winning house producer Wolfgang Gartner to render the chart-smashing single even more driving and danceable, crafting a streamlined four-on-the-floor instrumental accented with ‘Woo-hoo!‘s in the style of Blur’s stadium classic, Song 2. With original feature J-Lo absent, Mick Jagger picks up the slack on the guest tip and as usual the Stones frontman exhibits more energy and attitude than any 68-year-old rocker has a right to. The lyrics? Well, they’re still complete gibberish. But hey, as Kanye taught us, you don’t have to make sense to get a crowd going gorillas. Fans can find this dancefloor-scorching remix and much more on will.i.am’s second solo album, set to hit stores April 30.
Written by richard on 01/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Is Dead" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.