Some rappers—I won’t name names—spit whatever will make them sound cool or grab listeners’ attention. Booth newcomer Will Hill, on the other hand, means every sentence of every verse Sincerely. On this LP standout, the Chicago-to-ATL transplant offers just a taste of the realness in store on his latest project, reflecting on the vicious circle of parental neglect and offering some affectionate, yet brutally honest commentary on his relationship with his own folks. Ron Shaw provides a breezy, slow-rolling synth beat to accompany the rapper’s poignant bars. Feeling it? More inspired lyricism and quality beats await on Will’s IDLE LP, available now online.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.