Some rappers—I won’t name names—spit whatever will make them sound cool or grab listeners’ attention. Booth newcomer Will Hill, on the other hand, means every sentence of every verse Sincerely. On this LP standout, the Chicago-to-ATL transplant offers just a taste of the realness in store on his latest project, reflecting on the vicious circle of parental neglect and offering some affectionate, yet brutally honest commentary on his relationship with his own folks. Ron Shaw provides a breezy, slow-rolling synth beat to accompany the rapper’s poignant bars. Feeling it? More inspired lyricism and quality beats await on Will’s IDLE LP, available now online.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.