Some rappers—I won’t name names—spit whatever will make them sound cool or grab listeners’ attention. Booth newcomer Will Hill, on the other hand, means every sentence of every verse Sincerely. On this LP standout, the Chicago-to-ATL transplant offers just a taste of the realness in store on his latest project, reflecting on the vicious circle of parental neglect and offering some affectionate, yet brutally honest commentary on his relationship with his own folks. Ron Shaw provides a breezy, slow-rolling synth beat to accompany the rapper’s poignant bars. Feeling it? More inspired lyricism and quality beats await on Will’s IDLE LP, available now online.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)