Some rappers—I won’t name names—spit whatever will make them sound cool or grab listeners’ attention. Booth newcomer Will Hill, on the other hand, means every sentence of every verse Sincerely. On this LP standout, the Chicago-to-ATL transplant offers just a taste of the realness in store on his latest project, reflecting on the vicious circle of parental neglect and offering some affectionate, yet brutally honest commentary on his relationship with his own folks. Ron Shaw provides a breezy, slow-rolling synth beat to accompany the rapper’s poignant bars. Feeling it? More inspired lyricism and quality beats await on Will’s IDLE LP, available now online.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.