To paraphrase Walt Whitman, any one individual contains multitudes of different, often self-contradictory selves. Take Booth newcomer Will Brennan: the Floridian emcee’s devoted-boyfriend side wants nothing more than a monogamous relationship with the woman he loves but, as he explains on new single Wait for Me (an exclusive world premiere!), he’s going to have to hold off on the whole commitment thing till his player side gets tired of chasing skirts. Flowing over Wade C.‘s string-accented boardwork (complete with a well-placed sample from urban drama Baby Boy), he promises the girl in question that he’s gonna hold her down forever, but acknowledges that fidelity just ain’t in the cards for the time being: “It’s not that I don’t want you, I just need to be on something new.” While we can only guess whether the artist’s main squeeze will be waiting for him after all his wild oats have been sown, I can state with certainty that Brennan’s relationship with the Booth will be a long and fruitful one. If you’re craving more new tunes, seek and you shall find on his Mason-Dixon Line mixtape, set to drop on February 21.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get By" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.