To paraphrase Walt Whitman, any one individual contains multitudes of different, often self-contradictory selves. Take Booth newcomer Will Brennan: the Floridian emcee’s devoted-boyfriend side wants nothing more than a monogamous relationship with the woman he loves but, as he explains on new single Wait for Me (an exclusive world premiere!), he’s going to have to hold off on the whole commitment thing till his player side gets tired of chasing skirts. Flowing over Wade C.‘s string-accented boardwork (complete with a well-placed sample from urban drama Baby Boy), he promises the girl in question that he’s gonna hold her down forever, but acknowledges that fidelity just ain’t in the cards for the time being: “It’s not that I don’t want you, I just need to be on something new.” While we can only guess whether the artist’s main squeeze will be waiting for him after all his wild oats have been sown, I can state with certainty that Brennan’s relationship with the Booth will be a long and fruitful one. If you’re craving more new tunes, seek and you shall find on his Mason-Dixon Line mixtape, set to drop on February 21.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get By" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.