To paraphrase Walt Whitman, any one individual contains multitudes of different, often self-contradictory selves. Take Booth newcomer Will Brennan: the Floridian emcee’s devoted-boyfriend side wants nothing more than a monogamous relationship with the woman he loves but, as he explains on new single Wait for Me (an exclusive world premiere!), he’s going to have to hold off on the whole commitment thing till his player side gets tired of chasing skirts. Flowing over Wade C.‘s string-accented boardwork (complete with a well-placed sample from urban drama Baby Boy), he promises the girl in question that he’s gonna hold her down forever, but acknowledges that fidelity just ain’t in the cards for the time being: “It’s not that I don’t want you, I just need to be on something new.” While we can only guess whether the artist’s main squeeze will be waiting for him after all his wild oats have been sown, I can state with certainty that Brennan’s relationship with the Booth will be a long and fruitful one. If you’re craving more new tunes, seek and you shall find on his Mason-Dixon Line mixtape, set to drop on February 21.
Written by richard on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get By" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.