You know a rapper’s slayed a record when it says “RIP” on the title line. At least he’d better have, or he’ll get a critical beatdown in return for his hubris. In Will Brennan‘s case, the question hardly needs to be asked—the Floridian spitter’s latest promo single, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, is most assuredly D.O.A. Recorded at Orlando’s prestigious Paint It Black Studios, this low-concept, hi-octane selection finds beatsmith J. Cruz serving up a jittery, atmospheric synth-percussion groove as Brennan and a Panhandle State cohort drop bars packed from top to bottom with head-spinning flows and quotable boasts. In between the headliner’s characteristically dazzling displays of rhymesmanship (Yes, I made that word up.), O-Town newcomer Andrew Floyd grabs the mic to warn rivals of the humiliating fate that awaits them: “I ain’t the n*gga to put two in your chest / Rather let you live, see my success / I ain’t the the n*gga to bring sand to the beach / Bring your girl to the party but she leave with me.” If this aggressive jam leaves you impressed (and I don’t know why it wouldn’t), keep your browsers locked you-know-where for all the latest from Brennan—including RIP‘s recently-shot official video.
Written by richard on 11/6/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.