You know a rapper’s slayed a record when it says “RIP” on the title line. At least he’d better have, or he’ll get a critical beatdown in return for his hubris. In Will Brennan‘s case, the question hardly needs to be asked—the Floridian spitter’s latest promo single, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, is most assuredly D.O.A. Recorded at Orlando’s prestigious Paint It Black Studios, this low-concept, hi-octane selection finds beatsmith J. Cruz serving up a jittery, atmospheric synth-percussion groove as Brennan and a Panhandle State cohort drop bars packed from top to bottom with head-spinning flows and quotable boasts. In between the headliner’s characteristically dazzling displays of rhymesmanship (Yes, I made that word up.), O-Town newcomer Andrew Floyd grabs the mic to warn rivals of the humiliating fate that awaits them: “I ain’t the n*gga to put two in your chest / Rather let you live, see my success / I ain’t the the n*gga to bring sand to the beach / Bring your girl to the party but she leave with me.” If this aggressive jam leaves you impressed (and I don’t know why it wouldn’t), keep your browsers locked you-know-where for all the latest from Brennan—including RIP‘s recently-shot official video.
Written by richard on 11/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.