You know a rapper’s slayed a record when it says “RIP” on the title line. At least he’d better have, or he’ll get a critical beatdown in return for his hubris. In Will Brennan‘s case, the question hardly needs to be asked—the Floridian spitter’s latest promo single, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, is most assuredly D.O.A. Recorded at Orlando’s prestigious Paint It Black Studios, this low-concept, hi-octane selection finds beatsmith J. Cruz serving up a jittery, atmospheric synth-percussion groove as Brennan and a Panhandle State cohort drop bars packed from top to bottom with head-spinning flows and quotable boasts. In between the headliner’s characteristically dazzling displays of rhymesmanship (Yes, I made that word up.), O-Town newcomer Andrew Floyd grabs the mic to warn rivals of the humiliating fate that awaits them: “I ain’t the n*gga to put two in your chest / Rather let you live, see my success / I ain’t the the n*gga to bring sand to the beach / Bring your girl to the party but she leave with me.” If this aggressive jam leaves you impressed (and I don’t know why it wouldn’t), keep your browsers locked you-know-where for all the latest from Brennan—including RIP‘s recently-shot official video.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.