To quote worldly philosopher, NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III, “No pressure, no diamonds.” RGIII’s wise words reign true in football, but they also relate to the rap game as well. Take Will Brennan’s latest gem,Pressure, as a perfect example. While the pressure of working with a talented producer like DJ Burn One might be too much for some, Brennan is unfazed, delivering a 14-karat performance. The buzzing DJ/beatmaker crafts a dopely unique beat-coction (new word, you like it?), which consists of a Regina Spektor vocal sample and some live instrumentals from Walt Live (keyboard) and Ricky Fontaine (guitar). Over this intricate production, Brennan delivers a fluid, hungry performance, highlighted by a briskly-paced flow that seamlessly blends with the sonic foundation. No word on if this attached to a larger project, but expect to hear much more from the growing Booth favorite real soon.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.