To quote worldly philosopher, NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III, “No pressure, no diamonds.” RGIII’s wise words reign true in football, but they also relate to the rap game as well. Take Will Brennan’s latest gem,Pressure, as a perfect example. While the pressure of working with a talented producer like DJ Burn One might be too much for some, Brennan is unfazed, delivering a 14-karat performance. The buzzing DJ/beatmaker crafts a dopely unique beat-coction (new word, you like it?), which consists of a Regina Spektor vocal sample and some live instrumentals from Walt Live (keyboard) and Ricky Fontaine (guitar). Over this intricate production, Brennan delivers a fluid, hungry performance, highlighted by a briskly-paced flow that seamlessly blends with the sonic foundation. No word on if this attached to a larger project, but expect to hear much more from the growing Booth favorite real soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.