To quote worldly philosopher, NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III, “No pressure, no diamonds.” RGIII’s wise words reign true in football, but they also relate to the rap game as well. Take Will Brennan’s latest gem,Pressure, as a perfect example. While the pressure of working with a talented producer like DJ Burn One might be too much for some, Brennan is unfazed, delivering a 14-karat performance. The buzzing DJ/beatmaker crafts a dopely unique beat-coction (new word, you like it?), which consists of a Regina Spektor vocal sample and some live instrumentals from Walt Live (keyboard) and Ricky Fontaine (guitar). Over this intricate production, Brennan delivers a fluid, hungry performance, highlighted by a briskly-paced flow that seamlessly blends with the sonic foundation. No word on if this attached to a larger project, but expect to hear much more from the growing Booth favorite real soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.