To quote worldly philosopher, NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III, “No pressure, no diamonds.” RGIII’s wise words reign true in football, but they also relate to the rap game as well. Take Will Brennan’s latest gem,Pressure, as a perfect example. While the pressure of working with a talented producer like DJ Burn One might be too much for some, Brennan is unfazed, delivering a 14-karat performance. The buzzing DJ/beatmaker crafts a dopely unique beat-coction (new word, you like it?), which consists of a Regina Spektor vocal sample and some live instrumentals from Walt Live (keyboard) and Ricky Fontaine (guitar). Over this intricate production, Brennan delivers a fluid, hungry performance, highlighted by a briskly-paced flow that seamlessly blends with the sonic foundation. No word on if this attached to a larger project, but expect to hear much more from the growing Booth favorite real soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.