Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Don’t let the title fool you; while Once Upon a Time, the new, Earmilk-premiered single off Will Brennan‘s next LP, tells the story of a boy and girl in love, those who “hit” play hoping for a fairytale ending will find themselves sorely disappointed. If you’re one of the many listeners who’ve been hooked by the Panhandle State rhymesayer’s introspective lyricism, hyperkinetic flows and cross-genre experimentation, you’ll undoubtedly find this breakup jam a dope addition to his oeuvre. R&B balladry, dubstep, chiptunes, and H-town screw music collide in Julian Cruz’ production, and Brennan keeps it equally eclectic on the vocal tip, complementing his own speed-rapped chronicles of a failed relationship with sung responses from Jacksonville crooner Elea Palmer. Fans can find this brooding jam, the reader-acclaimed All That I Got and much more on the artist’s DJ Burn One-hosted Prodigal Son street album, scheduled for digital release September 17.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Will Brennan’s Joseph Cinnante & JMac-directed Once Upon a Time visual.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.