Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Don’t let the title fool you; while Once Upon a Time, the new, Earmilk-premiered single off Will Brennan‘s next LP, tells the story of a boy and girl in love, those who “hit” play hoping for a fairytale ending will find themselves sorely disappointed. If you’re one of the many listeners who’ve been hooked by the Panhandle State rhymesayer’s introspective lyricism, hyperkinetic flows and cross-genre experimentation, you’ll undoubtedly find this breakup jam a dope addition to his oeuvre. R&B balladry, dubstep, chiptunes, and H-town screw music collide in Julian Cruz’ production, and Brennan keeps it equally eclectic on the vocal tip, complementing his own speed-rapped chronicles of a failed relationship with sung responses from Jacksonville crooner Elea Palmer. Fans can find this brooding jam, the reader-acclaimed All That I Got and much more on the artist’s DJ Burn One-hosted Prodigal Son street album, scheduled for digital release September 17.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Will Brennan’s Joseph Cinnante & JMac-directed Once Upon a Time visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.