Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Don’t let the title fool you; while Once Upon a Time, the new, Earmilk-premiered single off Will Brennan‘s next LP, tells the story of a boy and girl in love, those who “hit” play hoping for a fairytale ending will find themselves sorely disappointed. If you’re one of the many listeners who’ve been hooked by the Panhandle State rhymesayer’s introspective lyricism, hyperkinetic flows and cross-genre experimentation, you’ll undoubtedly find this breakup jam a dope addition to his oeuvre. R&B balladry, dubstep, chiptunes, and H-town screw music collide in Julian Cruz’ production, and Brennan keeps it equally eclectic on the vocal tip, complementing his own speed-rapped chronicles of a failed relationship with sung responses from Jacksonville crooner Elea Palmer. Fans can find this brooding jam, the reader-acclaimed All That I Got and much more on the artist’s DJ Burn One-hosted Prodigal Son street album, scheduled for digital release September 17.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Will Brennan’s Joseph Cinnante & JMac-directed Once Upon a Time visual.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.