Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Don’t let the title fool you; while Once Upon a Time, the new, Earmilk-premiered single off Will Brennan‘s next LP, tells the story of a boy and girl in love, those who “hit” play hoping for a fairytale ending will find themselves sorely disappointed. If you’re one of the many listeners who’ve been hooked by the Panhandle State rhymesayer’s introspective lyricism, hyperkinetic flows and cross-genre experimentation, you’ll undoubtedly find this breakup jam a dope addition to his oeuvre. R&B balladry, dubstep, chiptunes, and H-town screw music collide in Julian Cruz’ production, and Brennan keeps it equally eclectic on the vocal tip, complementing his own speed-rapped chronicles of a failed relationship with sung responses from Jacksonville crooner Elea Palmer. Fans can find this brooding jam, the reader-acclaimed All That I Got and much more on the artist’s DJ Burn One-hosted Prodigal Son street album, scheduled for digital release September 17.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Will Brennan’s Joseph Cinnante & JMac-directed Once Upon a Time visual.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.