There’s something in the air today, Booth readers—and by “something,” I mean weed smoke. Whereas Jon Hope‘s The Second Hand (also featured today), found the R.I. repper catching a contact despite his decision not to partake, there’s nothing accidental about the epic smoking session Will Brennan describes on the latest leak off his forthcoming, Booth-hosted album (making its world premiere on our front page!). Here, the Floridian rhymesayer recounts how a strain of Hashish called ”Red Mistress” (among numerous other intoxicants) turned a typical night on the town into a blunted adventure. Andre Gift Brown sets an exotic mood on the production tip, blending samples from the soundtrack of Hindi film Taal with street-ready synths and percussion as the Booth fave details the drug cocktail’s effects on him and his girl: “Speakers loud as f*ck, we be even louder / She be seein’ sounds, that’s that Molly powder…” Feeling this hazy ode to narcotics? Then don’t miss Rite of Passage when it arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download February 16.
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.