There’s something in the air today, Booth readers—and by “something,” I mean weed smoke. Whereas Jon Hope‘s The Second Hand (also featured today), found the R.I. repper catching a contact despite his decision not to partake, there’s nothing accidental about the epic smoking session Will Brennan describes on the latest leak off his forthcoming, Booth-hosted album (making its world premiere on our front page!). Here, the Floridian rhymesayer recounts how a strain of Hashish called ”Red Mistress” (among numerous other intoxicants) turned a typical night on the town into a blunted adventure. Andre Gift Brown sets an exotic mood on the production tip, blending samples from the soundtrack of Hindi film Taal with street-ready synths and percussion as the Booth fave details the drug cocktail’s effects on him and his girl: “Speakers loud as f*ck, we be even louder / She be seein’ sounds, that’s that Molly powder…” Feeling this hazy ode to narcotics? Then don’t miss Rite of Passage when it arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download February 16.
Written by richard on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.