On his last feature, the tremendously-acclaimed This Land, Will Brennan put Western society’s historical assumptions into global perspective, schooling us on how Western society has whitewashed the historic cultural and scientific achievements of African antiquity. By contrast, the latest world premiere off the Palm Beach phenom’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted LP finds him zooming in—way in—to describe the effects of a certain woman on his mindstate. With The Report beat crew SMKA‘s chopped soul samples as his canvas, Brennan describes his vision of feminine perfection. Realizing he can’t summarize her allure in words, he fleshes his portrait out with a few musical allusions: “Addicted to her, but it’s not the caffeine / It’s what had the Jamaican n*ggas singin’ ‘bout Maxine / Or Lauryn Hill’s ‘That thing, that thing.’ / Got me feelin’ like a crack fiend, crack fiend…” Does this understated meditation on love and the hustle leave you craving more? Then be sure to check out Rite of Passage Feb. 16, when it arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.