On his last feature, the tremendously-acclaimed This Land, Will Brennan put Western society’s historical assumptions into global perspective, schooling us on how Western society has whitewashed the historic cultural and scientific achievements of African antiquity. By contrast, the latest world premiere off the Palm Beach phenom’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted LP finds him zooming in—way in—to describe the effects of a certain woman on his mindstate. With The Report beat crew SMKA‘s chopped soul samples as his canvas, Brennan describes his vision of feminine perfection. Realizing he can’t summarize her allure in words, he fleshes his portrait out with a few musical allusions: “Addicted to her, but it’s not the caffeine / It’s what had the Jamaican n*ggas singin’ ‘bout Maxine / Or Lauryn Hill’s ‘That thing, that thing.’ / Got me feelin’ like a crack fiend, crack fiend…” Does this understated meditation on love and the hustle leave you craving more? Then be sure to check out Rite of Passage Feb. 16, when it arrives on our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.