Crazy as it may seem to those of us who know the meaning of the word “downtime,” there are people out there who thrive on being constantly in motion; even if they could be convinced to slow their pace, the boredom would quickly drive them up the wall. A member of this supernaturally-productive breed, Wait for Me emcee Will Brennan fills us in on his hectic, but exhilarating lifestyle on new single Get By. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this high-energy selection finds beatsmith J. Cruz taking inspiration from indie-rock group Spoon’s The Way We Get By, bolstering the early-2000s hit’s piano-led groove with punched-up percussion and grinding guitar riffs as the artist elucidates his breakneck approach to the hustle: “Black dude, breakin’ rules, zippin’ it like I’m tryin’ to win / Head first. Shallow pool? I don’t really care, I’m diving’ in.” Strong words, to be sure – and he backs them up with some appropriately hi-octane flows. Has this fast-paced banger sent Brennan speeding to the top of your “artists to watch” list? If so, keep it locked for release details on his forthcoming Edge EP, sponsored by none other than DJBooth.net.
Written by richard on 05/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.