Crazy as it may seem to those of us who know the meaning of the word “downtime,” there are people out there who thrive on being constantly in motion; even if they could be convinced to slow their pace, the boredom would quickly drive them up the wall. A member of this supernaturally-productive breed, Wait for Me emcee Will Brennan fills us in on his hectic, but exhilarating lifestyle on new single Get By. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this high-energy selection finds beatsmith J. Cruz taking inspiration from indie-rock group Spoon’s The Way We Get By, bolstering the early-2000s hit’s piano-led groove with punched-up percussion and grinding guitar riffs as the artist elucidates his breakneck approach to the hustle: “Black dude, breakin’ rules, zippin’ it like I’m tryin’ to win / Head first. Shallow pool? I don’t really care, I’m diving’ in.” Strong words, to be sure – and he backs them up with some appropriately hi-octane flows. Has this fast-paced banger sent Brennan speeding to the top of your “artists to watch” list? If so, keep it locked for release details on his forthcoming Edge EP, sponsored by none other than DJBooth.net.
Written by richard on 05/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.