Will Brennan doesn’t ask for much—as long as he’s got his homies, his family, his block, paychecks big enough to keep himself and his people living comfortably, a spot at the top of the hip-hop game and some swisher blunts, he’s golden. Coming on the heels of last Sunday’s Once Upon a Time, the latest song release off the reader fave’s Prodigal Son mixtape finds him counting his blessings in the here-and-now while keeping his eye on the success that lies ahead. The Showboiz handle production duties, complementing Brennan’s determined rhymes and pop-appealing hook with moody synths and a low-key but insistent percussion rhythm. Has this slow-burning hustle anthem left you hungry for more? In addition to copping the artist’s DJ Burn One and Wayward Minds-presented mixtape when it drops September 17, fans can check out this record’s dubstep/electro/punk-infused “B-Side” remix on Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait for Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.