U.K.’s own Wiley has made a stateside splash with his new single, Cash in My Pocket. Following his debut album, Treddin’ On Thin Ice, which showcased his innovative electronic production style, world-renowned producer Mark Ronson has stepped behind the boards to let the versatile lyricist get busy. Since a Ronson co-sign can go a long way (see Amy Winehouse, Rhymefest and Wale), Wiley goes absolutely dumb on the record, bridging the gap between grime and rap with a dash of old school doo-wop. While the musical marriage sets up anticipation for Wiley’s second album, See Clear Now (which drops overseas in January), it also serves as a notice that the emcee is serious about making that skrilla.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.