U.K.’s own Wiley has made a stateside splash with his new single, Cash in My Pocket. Following his debut album, Treddin’ On Thin Ice, which showcased his innovative electronic production style, world-renowned producer Mark Ronson has stepped behind the boards to let the versatile lyricist get busy. Since a Ronson co-sign can go a long way (see Amy Winehouse, Rhymefest and Wale), Wiley goes absolutely dumb on the record, bridging the gap between grime and rap with a dash of old school doo-wop. While the musical marriage sets up anticipation for Wiley’s second album, See Clear Now (which drops overseas in January), it also serves as a notice that the emcee is serious about making that skrilla.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.