U.K.’s own Wiley has made a stateside splash with his new single, Cash in My Pocket. Following his debut album, Treddin’ On Thin Ice, which showcased his innovative electronic production style, world-renowned producer Mark Ronson has stepped behind the boards to let the versatile lyricist get busy. Since a Ronson co-sign can go a long way (see Amy Winehouse, Rhymefest and Wale), Wiley goes absolutely dumb on the record, bridging the gap between grime and rap with a dash of old school doo-wop. While the musical marriage sets up anticipation for Wiley’s second album, See Clear Now (which drops overseas in January), it also serves as a notice that the emcee is serious about making that skrilla.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/16/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.