U.K.’s own Wiley has made a stateside splash with his new single, Cash in My Pocket. Following his debut album, Treddin’ On Thin Ice, which showcased his innovative electronic production style, world-renowned producer Mark Ronson has stepped behind the boards to let the versatile lyricist get busy. Since a Ronson co-sign can go a long way (see Amy Winehouse, Rhymefest and Wale), Wiley goes absolutely dumb on the record, bridging the gap between grime and rap with a dash of old school doo-wop. While the musical marriage sets up anticipation for Wiley’s second album, See Clear Now (which drops overseas in January), it also serves as a notice that the emcee is serious about making that skrilla.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.