Wil Agoku is a newcomer to the Booth, but that doesn’t mean he’s a minor-leaguer in the hip-hop game. With this new promo single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Chi-Town spitter sets out to demonstrate that he’s one of rap’s M.V.P.s. Over NOVA‘s moody, sample-driven production, the emcee shares some brutally honest reflections on the hustle, chronicling his struggles to succeed without compromising his artistic vision. A sample from a ‘67 speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. adds to the joint’s impact. So, readers, do you agree that Agoku deserves the title of “Most Valuable Poet?” If so, you’ll want to keep your browsers locked for the latest on his upcoming, unscheduled album of the same name.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)