Wil Agoku is a newcomer to the Booth, but that doesn’t mean he’s a minor-leaguer in the hip-hop game. With this new promo single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Chi-Town spitter sets out to demonstrate that he’s one of rap’s M.V.P.s. Over NOVA‘s moody, sample-driven production, the emcee shares some brutally honest reflections on the hustle, chronicling his struggles to succeed without compromising his artistic vision. A sample from a ‘67 speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. adds to the joint’s impact. So, readers, do you agree that Agoku deserves the title of “Most Valuable Poet?” If so, you’ll want to keep your browsers locked for the latest on his upcoming, unscheduled album of the same name.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.