Wil Agoku is a newcomer to the Booth, but that doesn’t mean he’s a minor-leaguer in the hip-hop game. With this new promo single, making its world premiere on our front page, the Chi-Town spitter sets out to demonstrate that he’s one of rap’s M.V.P.s. Over NOVA‘s moody, sample-driven production, the emcee shares some brutally honest reflections on the hustle, chronicling his struggles to succeed without compromising his artistic vision. A sample from a ‘67 speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. adds to the joint’s impact. So, readers, do you agree that Agoku deserves the title of “Most Valuable Poet?” If so, you’ll want to keep your browsers locked for the latest on his upcoming, unscheduled album of the same name.
Written by richard on 06/10/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.