More than a year after Whosane introduced himself to our pages with jet-setting EP title track Brooklyn to Capetown, the project still has yet to see the light of day. Not to worry, though—despite lengthy delays, the set hasn’t fallen by the wayside. In an effort to get the ball rolling, the NYC rhymesayer has liberated Move, a new single which recapitulates its predecessor’s themes of big money and world travel. Over Eric Lau‘s tremelo-picked guitar loops, the emcee boasts: “We everywhere that you ain’t, everywhere that you ain’t / Gettin’ money on the road, no time for the bank.” Brooklyn to Capetown remains unscheduled, but some enthusiastic reviews from our readers just might grease the skid toward its eventual release. In any case, we’ll keep you supplied with further details and fresh cuts as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn to Capetown" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.