Whitney‘s back! What more do I need to say? (Okay, my blurbs are typically longer than that, so I’ll keep going). Having triumphed over the two big troubles in her life (Bobby and the coke), Ms. Houston will soon be releasing her long-awaited seventh studio album. On I Look To You, the singer will deliver a classic mix of powerful ballads and feel-good ‘80s dance hits, free from any pressure to conform to current industry trends (translation: no Auto-Tune). A strong entry in the latter category, the Alicia Keys-penned second single finds Houston paying soulful tribute to a man who makes her feel like Million Dollar Bill. If it hadn’t been officially announced by Arista, few would have suspected Swizz Beatz of producing the track (notice that there are no big horns or hip-hop percussion). Brimming with nostalgic, feel-good energy, this track will have Whitney’s fans dancing just as hard as they were 20 years ago. I Look To You drops August 31—go get it! (‘nuff said!)
Listen to More: Whitney Houston Written by Burmy
Arista/RCA Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.