Whitney‘s back! What more do I need to say? (Okay, my blurbs are typically longer than that, so I’ll keep going). Having triumphed over the two big troubles in her life (Bobby and the coke), Ms. Houston will soon be releasing her long-awaited seventh studio album. On I Look To You, the singer will deliver a classic mix of powerful ballads and feel-good ‘80s dance hits, free from any pressure to conform to current industry trends (translation: no Auto-Tune). A strong entry in the latter category, the Alicia Keys-penned second single finds Houston paying soulful tribute to a man who makes her feel like Million Dollar Bill. If it hadn’t been officially announced by Arista, few would have suspected Swizz Beatz of producing the track (notice that there are no big horns or hip-hop percussion). Brimming with nostalgic, feel-good energy, this track will have Whitney’s fans dancing just as hard as they were 20 years ago. I Look To You drops August 31—go get it! (‘nuff said!)
Written by Burmy on 08/9/09
Submit your Rating
Arista/RCA Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.