The grind from underground obscurity to rap megastardom may require near-superhuman patience, but Washington, D.C.‘s Whitefolkz (who, despite what the stage name may suggest, is just one white guy) knows that, like a ticking time bomb, he’s bound to blow eventually – thus, he’s got no problem with hanging out in The Waiting Line for a little while longer. Drum Majors ATL handle production duties on this tunefully chill mixtape single, backing the headliner’s determined braggadocio with a sample from English rock/trip-hop duo Zero 7’s similarly-titled Standing in the Waiting Line. Topped off with the laid-back yet equally driven guest stylings of Baltimore underground mainstay Wordsmith, this lyrically on-point cut is sure to leave fans of left-of-center, rock influenced hip-hop hungry for more. If that’s the case, you’ll want to mark your calendars for the release of Whitefolkz’ new Alphadogg street album, set to hit the ‘net – surprise, surprise – on April 20.
Written by richard on 04/6/10
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steal My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)