The grind from underground obscurity to rap megastardom may require near-superhuman patience, but Washington, D.C.‘s Whitefolkz (who, despite what the stage name may suggest, is just one white guy) knows that, like a ticking time bomb, he’s bound to blow eventually – thus, he’s got no problem with hanging out in The Waiting Line for a little while longer. Drum Majors ATL handle production duties on this tunefully chill mixtape single, backing the headliner’s determined braggadocio with a sample from English rock/trip-hop duo Zero 7’s similarly-titled Standing in the Waiting Line. Topped off with the laid-back yet equally driven guest stylings of Baltimore underground mainstay Wordsmith, this lyrically on-point cut is sure to leave fans of left-of-center, rock influenced hip-hop hungry for more. If that’s the case, you’ll want to mark your calendars for the release of Whitefolkz’ new Alphadogg street album, set to hit the ‘net – surprise, surprise – on April 20.
Written by richard on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steal My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.