The grind from underground obscurity to rap megastardom may require near-superhuman patience, but Washington, D.C.‘s Whitefolkz (who, despite what the stage name may suggest, is just one white guy) knows that, like a ticking time bomb, he’s bound to blow eventually – thus, he’s got no problem with hanging out in The Waiting Line for a little while longer. Drum Majors ATL handle production duties on this tunefully chill mixtape single, backing the headliner’s determined braggadocio with a sample from English rock/trip-hop duo Zero 7’s similarly-titled Standing in the Waiting Line. Topped off with the laid-back yet equally driven guest stylings of Baltimore underground mainstay Wordsmith, this lyrically on-point cut is sure to leave fans of left-of-center, rock influenced hip-hop hungry for more. If that’s the case, you’ll want to mark your calendars for the release of Whitefolkz’ new Alphadogg street album, set to hit the ‘net – surprise, surprise – on April 20.
Written by richard on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Steal My Hair" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.