An engaging, thought-provoking story told within the lyrics of a song is something that is teetering on the brink of extinction within the music industry, not because most artists don’t have the desire to do it, but because most don’t have the skill to pull it off. On Steal My Hair, the follow up to previous Booth feature The Waiting Line, Whitefolkz sits us down for story hour (or…story…four minutes?) to tell us how a girl he barely knew and fell asleep with tried to, well, steal his hair. Backed by some street-influenced, jazzy production from V6, Whitefolkz tries his best to make us believe that the girl tried to cut off his hair while he was sleeping. Don’t believe him? Well, if your hair is long enough to cut with a pair of scissors, listen to this track and see if it doesn’t make you gasp in terror…or laugh hysterically - either one. Keep an eye out for Steal My Hair on Whitefolkz’ new album Alphadogg, set to drop April 20.
Listen to More: Folkz
Written by Matty K on 04/15/10
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.