An engaging, thought-provoking story told within the lyrics of a song is something that is teetering on the brink of extinction within the music industry, not because most artists don’t have the desire to do it, but because most don’t have the skill to pull it off. On Steal My Hair, the follow up to previous Booth feature The Waiting Line, Whitefolkz sits us down for story hour (or…story…four minutes?) to tell us how a girl he barely knew and fell asleep with tried to, well, steal his hair. Backed by some street-influenced, jazzy production from V6, Whitefolkz tries his best to make us believe that the girl tried to cut off his hair while he was sleeping. Don’t believe him? Well, if your hair is long enough to cut with a pair of scissors, listen to this track and see if it doesn’t make you gasp in terror…or laugh hysterically - either one. Keep an eye out for Steal My Hair on Whitefolkz’ new album Alphadogg, set to drop April 20.
Written by Matty K on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)