Unless you’re Diddy’s son – was two cars for his 16th birthday really necessary? - all of us have had to take crappy jobs in order to keep the lights on while we chase our dreams, and new found DJBooth favorite Whitefolkz (see previous hit The Waiting Line) is here to deliver a new 9-to-5er anthem with his aptly titled mixtape track J.O.B. Produced by cinematicly named boardsmith DJ Soundtrax, who’s also on his grind with a soul-banger hybrid beat (can anyone name that sample?), J.O.B. follows Folkz and K-Beta, whose Inglorious Beta album I’m still bumping, as they take turns expounding on the perils of employment with lines that are simultaneously obscene and literary: “Keep holdin on Holden Caulfield, Catcher in the Rye feelin’ like I got a raw deal, I’m in the optical shop making these eyeglasses, fumes in the air burn the tips of my eyelashes.” If you’re looking for something to play in your iPod while you kill time at your crappy job, might I recommend Whitefolkz most recent mixtape, AlphaDogg, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/16/10
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.