Unless you’re Diddy’s son – was two cars for his 16th birthday really necessary? - all of us have had to take crappy jobs in order to keep the lights on while we chase our dreams, and new found DJBooth favorite Whitefolkz (see previous hit The Waiting Line) is here to deliver a new 9-to-5er anthem with his aptly titled mixtape track J.O.B. Produced by cinematicly named boardsmith DJ Soundtrax, who’s also on his grind with a soul-banger hybrid beat (can anyone name that sample?), J.O.B. follows Folkz and K-Beta, whose Inglorious Beta album I’m still bumping, as they take turns expounding on the perils of employment with lines that are simultaneously obscene and literary: “Keep holdin on Holden Caulfield, Catcher in the Rye feelin’ like I got a raw deal, I’m in the optical shop making these eyeglasses, fumes in the air burn the tips of my eyelashes.” If you’re looking for something to play in your iPod while you kill time at your crappy job, might I recommend Whitefolkz most recent mixtape, AlphaDogg, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/16/10
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)