With Snoop working like a you-know-what to promote his forthcoming Doggumentary LP, it’s only a matter of time before canine themes make a resurgence in the game. Standing in solidarity with the West Coast mainstay, Whitefolkz (who incidentally, is signed to Topp Dogg Hill) dons a pair of floppy ears and a tail on his latest feature, proclaiming with pride, “I’m a Dogg.” Benny Romes‘s instrumental, a raucous groove built around sampled shouts and simmering synths, sets the stage for some entertainingly ruff (horrible pun, of course, intended) rhymes from the freestyle series alumnus. Spitting with devil-may-care bravado, the Atlanta repper indulges in a little animalistic behavior – “pissin’ and sh*ttin’ everywhere,” throwing a bone to the baddest b*tches in the room, and making such a general nuisance of himself that the “decent homies” are begging him to leave town. More fun than a brand new chew toy (complete with one of those squeaky things), this joint is just one of many fresh selections set to appear on the emcee’s Year of the Dogg LP, due out April 25.
Written by richard on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.