With Snoop working like a you-know-what to promote his forthcoming Doggumentary LP, it’s only a matter of time before canine themes make a resurgence in the game. Standing in solidarity with the West Coast mainstay, Whitefolkz (who incidentally, is signed to Topp Dogg Hill) dons a pair of floppy ears and a tail on his latest feature, proclaiming with pride, “I’m a Dogg.” Benny Romes‘s instrumental, a raucous groove built around sampled shouts and simmering synths, sets the stage for some entertainingly ruff (horrible pun, of course, intended) rhymes from the freestyle series alumnus. Spitting with devil-may-care bravado, the Atlanta repper indulges in a little animalistic behavior – “pissin’ and sh*ttin’ everywhere,” throwing a bone to the baddest b*tches in the room, and making such a general nuisance of himself that the “decent homies” are begging him to leave town. More fun than a brand new chew toy (complete with one of those squeaky things), this joint is just one of many fresh selections set to appear on the emcee’s Year of the Dogg LP, due out April 25.
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.