Now that Wale‘s achieved household-name status (in hip-hop households, anyway), I think Washington, D.C.‘s place on the musical map has been pretty well secured – regardless, it’s good to know that recent Booth fave Whitefolkz is out there, making damn sure it stays there. Unreleased track I Am Pusha, making its world premiere at this very site, finds the man who set the Booth on Fire back in June doing the District of Columbia proud. Benny Rome of Drum Majors ATL handles production duties, flipping a guitar-driven sample from classic-rock group Steppenwolf’s Pusher into a mellow backdrop for the emcee’s “cocaine, X and bud”-addled (or should that be “-enhanced”?) blend of loopy braggadocio, drug talk and hometown pride. While this track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, Whitefolkz has a new mixtape, Year of the Dogg, scheduled to drop ”soon” Keep your browser locked to the net’s premier hip-hop destination – that is, DJBooth.net – for all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: Folkz
Written by richard on 07/27/10
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)