Now that Wale‘s achieved household-name status (in hip-hop households, anyway), I think Washington, D.C.‘s place on the musical map has been pretty well secured – regardless, it’s good to know that recent Booth fave Whitefolkz is out there, making damn sure it stays there. Unreleased track I Am Pusha, making its world premiere at this very site, finds the man who set the Booth on Fire back in June doing the District of Columbia proud. Benny Rome of Drum Majors ATL handles production duties, flipping a guitar-driven sample from classic-rock group Steppenwolf’s Pusher into a mellow backdrop for the emcee’s “cocaine, X and bud”-addled (or should that be “-enhanced”?) blend of loopy braggadocio, drug talk and hometown pride. While this track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, Whitefolkz has a new mixtape, Year of the Dogg, scheduled to drop ”soon” Keep your browser locked to the net’s premier hip-hop destination – that is, DJBooth.net – for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/27/10
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.