So, you’re an up-and-coming artist ooking for a major feature on your single, but you don’t want to spend an insane amount of money to make it happen. What’s your best bet? Call a popular local rapper who is in the mood to give you a hometown discount. Such is the case for Springfield, Tennessee rapper West, who only had to look 20 miles (to Nashville) to find a big-name feature (Young Buck) for his debut single, Hustleman. Recorded several months ago (note West’s reference to the G-Unit clothing line), these Cashville-area artists bring nearly-identical rhyme schemes. Produced by Fate, Hustleman is sure to get plenty of spins among fans of independent Southern hip-hop, but will the 22-year-old West be able to keep his buzz going after his first Buck-assisted single?
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.