So, you’re an up-and-coming artist ooking for a major feature on your single, but you don’t want to spend an insane amount of money to make it happen. What’s your best bet? Call a popular local rapper who is in the mood to give you a hometown discount. Such is the case for Springfield, Tennessee rapper West, who only had to look 20 miles (to Nashville) to find a big-name feature (Young Buck) for his debut single, Hustleman. Recorded several months ago (note West’s reference to the G-Unit clothing line), these Cashville-area artists bring nearly-identical rhyme schemes. Produced by Fate, Hustleman is sure to get plenty of spins among fans of independent Southern hip-hop, but will the 22-year-old West be able to keep his buzz going after his first Buck-assisted single?
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)