So, you’re an up-and-coming artist ooking for a major feature on your single, but you don’t want to spend an insane amount of money to make it happen. What’s your best bet? Call a popular local rapper who is in the mood to give you a hometown discount. Such is the case for Springfield, Tennessee rapper West, who only had to look 20 miles (to Nashville) to find a big-name feature (Young Buck) for his debut single, Hustleman. Recorded several months ago (note West’s reference to the G-Unit clothing line), these Cashville-area artists bring nearly-identical rhyme schemes. Produced by Fate, Hustleman is sure to get plenty of spins among fans of independent Southern hip-hop, but will the 22-year-old West be able to keep his buzz going after his first Buck-assisted single?
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.