So, you’re an up-and-coming artist ooking for a major feature on your single, but you don’t want to spend an insane amount of money to make it happen. What’s your best bet? Call a popular local rapper who is in the mood to give you a hometown discount. Such is the case for Springfield, Tennessee rapper West, who only had to look 20 miles (to Nashville) to find a big-name feature (Young Buck) for his debut single, Hustleman. Recorded several months ago (note West’s reference to the G-Unit clothing line), these Cashville-area artists bring nearly-identical rhyme schemes. Produced by Fate, Hustleman is sure to get plenty of spins among fans of independent Southern hip-hop, but will the 22-year-old West be able to keep his buzz going after his first Buck-assisted single?
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.