So, you’re an up-and-coming artist ooking for a major feature on your single, but you don’t want to spend an insane amount of money to make it happen. What’s your best bet? Call a popular local rapper who is in the mood to give you a hometown discount. Such is the case for Springfield, Tennessee rapper West, who only had to look 20 miles (to Nashville) to find a big-name feature (Young Buck) for his debut single, Hustleman. Recorded several months ago (note West’s reference to the G-Unit clothing line), these Cashville-area artists bring nearly-identical rhyme schemes. Produced by Fate, Hustleman is sure to get plenty of spins among fans of independent Southern hip-hop, but will the 22-year-old West be able to keep his buzz going after his first Buck-assisted single?
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.