How was your Velantine’s Day—romantic? Full of red roses and heart-shaped boxes? Wes.‘s was none of the above. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, a V-Day leftover, the Golden State repper informs his soon-to-be-ex girl that, due to her shady behavior, the festivities have been called off: “There won’t be No Flowers waiting when you get home. / Now I know your secret I don’t f**k wit you no more.” His caustic sung and flowed kiss-offs come backed by the downbeat synth-sample production of Lovelife (whose name is either apt or very unapt, depending on how you look at it). Feeling this rueful jam? Then stay tuned; Wes.‘s The Weekend Season tape has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.