How was your Velantine’s Day—romantic? Full of red roses and heart-shaped boxes? Wes.‘s was none of the above. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, a V-Day leftover, the Golden State repper informs his soon-to-be-ex girl that, due to her shady behavior, the festivities have been called off: “There won’t be No Flowers waiting when you get home. / Now I know your secret I don’t f**k wit you no more.” His caustic sung and flowed kiss-offs come backed by the downbeat synth-sample production of Lovelife (whose name is either apt or very unapt, depending on how you look at it). Feeling this rueful jam? Then stay tuned; Wes.‘s The Weekend Season tape has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)