How was your Velantine’s Day—romantic? Full of red roses and heart-shaped boxes? Wes.‘s was none of the above. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, a V-Day leftover, the Golden State repper informs his soon-to-be-ex girl that, due to her shady behavior, the festivities have been called off: “There won’t be No Flowers waiting when you get home. / Now I know your secret I don’t f**k wit you no more.” His caustic sung and flowed kiss-offs come backed by the downbeat synth-sample production of Lovelife (whose name is either apt or very unapt, depending on how you look at it). Feeling this rueful jam? Then stay tuned; Wes.‘s The Weekend Season tape has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.