How was your Velantine’s Day—romantic? Full of red roses and heart-shaped boxes? Wes.‘s was none of the above. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, a V-Day leftover, the Golden State repper informs his soon-to-be-ex girl that, due to her shady behavior, the festivities have been called off: “There won’t be No Flowers waiting when you get home. / Now I know your secret I don’t f**k wit you no more.” His caustic sung and flowed kiss-offs come backed by the downbeat synth-sample production of Lovelife (whose name is either apt or very unapt, depending on how you look at it). Feeling this rueful jam? Then stay tuned; Wes.‘s The Weekend Season tape has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.