How was your Velantine’s Day—romantic? Full of red roses and heart-shaped boxes? Wes.‘s was none of the above. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, a V-Day leftover, the Golden State repper informs his soon-to-be-ex girl that, due to her shady behavior, the festivities have been called off: “There won’t be No Flowers waiting when you get home. / Now I know your secret I don’t f**k wit you no more.” His caustic sung and flowed kiss-offs come backed by the downbeat synth-sample production of Lovelife (whose name is either apt or very unapt, depending on how you look at it). Feeling this rueful jam? Then stay tuned; Wes.‘s The Weekend Season tape has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.