It is never good to get so infatuated with something (or someone) that you make it (or them) your whole life. If you simply must get Caught Up with something, make sure it’s Wes James‘s debut feature which, ironically, will remind you not to get Caught Up. Jahlil Beats cooks up a lively stretched-sample instrumental with plenty of heart and energy. James grabs the listener’s attention with his exuberant flow, and the hunger in his voice makes his astute, introspective bars resonate even more. Caught Up is set to appear on James’s forthcoming mixtape, Trip in Fall. If you want to get Caught Up on all things Wes in the meantime, you can download his last project, Belladonna, for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)