It is never good to get so infatuated with something (or someone) that you make it (or them) your whole life. If you simply must get Caught Up with something, make sure it’s Wes James‘s debut feature which, ironically, will remind you not to get Caught Up. Jahlil Beats cooks up a lively stretched-sample instrumental with plenty of heart and energy. James grabs the listener’s attention with his exuberant flow, and the hunger in his voice makes his astute, introspective bars resonate even more. Caught Up is set to appear on James’s forthcoming mixtape, Trip in Fall. If you want to get Caught Up on all things Wes in the meantime, you can download his last project, Belladonna, for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.