It is never good to get so infatuated with something (or someone) that you make it (or them) your whole life. If you simply must get Caught Up with something, make sure it’s Wes James‘s debut feature which, ironically, will remind you not to get Caught Up. Jahlil Beats cooks up a lively stretched-sample instrumental with plenty of heart and energy. James grabs the listener’s attention with his exuberant flow, and the hunger in his voice makes his astute, introspective bars resonate even more. Caught Up is set to appear on James’s forthcoming mixtape, Trip in Fall. If you want to get Caught Up on all things Wes in the meantime, you can download his last project, Belladonna, for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.