Before listening to the latest song release from Wes James, I was trying to figure out what the title, “ATMS,” meant. After listening, I still have absolutely no idea, and I’m even more confused than I was before. This quirky cut will likely leave you feeling a little confused, too, but one thing is certain: you will want more. Mr Incredible Beatz establishes an unorthodox vibe behind the boards, taking a reggae-esque sample, speeding it up and placing it atop an aggressive trap rhythm section. The instrumental is unique, but the real insanity comes courtesy of Wes, who delivers his weird, yet creative and amusing bars in an ever-changing, frenzied flow. His energy and creativity make this record one to remember. Like January’s Caught Up, ATMS is slated to appear on James’s upcoming project, Trip in Fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.