Before listening to the latest song release from Wes James, I was trying to figure out what the title, “ATMS,” meant. After listening, I still have absolutely no idea, and I’m even more confused than I was before. This quirky cut will likely leave you feeling a little confused, too, but one thing is certain: you will want more. Mr Incredible Beatz establishes an unorthodox vibe behind the boards, taking a reggae-esque sample, speeding it up and placing it atop an aggressive trap rhythm section. The instrumental is unique, but the real insanity comes courtesy of Wes, who delivers his weird, yet creative and amusing bars in an ever-changing, frenzied flow. His energy and creativity make this record one to remember. Like January’s Caught Up, ATMS is slated to appear on James’s upcoming project, Trip in Fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.