If you think about it, techno and rap are the perfect bedmates; both are percussion-based, rely heavily on synthesizers, and make clubs bump all over the world. Thus, in the last few years, beatmakers have begun to embrace the notion that combining the two genres can potentially yield a new hybrid of club-ready music, which only now is beginning to emerge from the waters of uncharted dopeness. Wes Fif, a 22-year-old emcee from Orlando, and Jaywan, an open-minded producer from outside Chicago, have done exactly that in their new track, Through The Roof. Driven by a flanged dance organ and Wes Fif’s Deep-South flow, the track manages to capture a techno-like energy without compromising its hip-hop feel. Fif’s debut album, Get Money Guidelines, is expected to drop in late ’08 and will likely feature much of the same genre-bending.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/21/08
Submit your Rating
Street Smart Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wastin' Your Time ft. Eliseo (of Treal)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.