If you think about it, techno and rap are the perfect bedmates; both are percussion-based, rely heavily on synthesizers, and make clubs bump all over the world. Thus, in the last few years, beatmakers have begun to embrace the notion that combining the two genres can potentially yield a new hybrid of club-ready music, which only now is beginning to emerge from the waters of uncharted dopeness. Wes Fif, a 22-year-old emcee from Orlando, and Jaywan, an open-minded producer from outside Chicago, have done exactly that in their new track, Through The Roof. Driven by a flanged dance organ and Wes Fif’s Deep-South flow, the track manages to capture a techno-like energy without compromising its hip-hop feel. Fif’s debut album, Get Money Guidelines, is expected to drop in late ’08 and will likely feature much of the same genre-bending.
Street Smart Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wastin' Your Time ft. Eliseo (of Treal)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!