Since 1998, Slip-N-Slide Records has helped to give Florida an identity in the hip-hop scene; starting with artists such as Trick Daddy and Trina, only to later become Rick Ross and Plies. The newest talent to join the label is Orlando’s Wes Fif, who is known for his feature on the original version of B.o.B’s club hit, Haterz Everywhere We Go. On the new song, Wasting Your Time, Wes channels a similar mind state to Plies’ Shawty, telling the story of a female who always feels better around him than she does her man. Aside from the futuristic beat, the highlight is fellow Orlando artist Eliseo (of local group Treal) and his usage of a voice box from T-Pain’s studio. With all this going for it, there’s no reason Wasting Your Time shouldn’t make Wes Fif the next strong cab on the Slip-N-Slide Express.
Written by Burmy on 01/28/08
Submit your Rating
Street Smart Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Through The Roof" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.