Since 1998, Slip-N-Slide Records has helped to give Florida an identity in the hip-hop scene; starting with artists such as Trick Daddy and Trina, only to later become Rick Ross and Plies. The newest talent to join the label is Orlando’s Wes Fif, who is known for his feature on the original version of B.o.B’s club hit, Haterz Everywhere We Go. On the new song, Wasting Your Time, Wes channels a similar mind state to Plies’ Shawty, telling the story of a female who always feels better around him than she does her man. Aside from the futuristic beat, the highlight is fellow Orlando artist Eliseo (of local group Treal) and his usage of a voice box from T-Pain’s studio. With all this going for it, there’s no reason Wasting Your Time shouldn’t make Wes Fif the next strong cab on the Slip-N-Slide Express.
Written by Burmy on 01/28/08
Submit your Rating
Street Smart Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Through The Roof" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.