North Carolina emcee Well$ seems to enjoy giving his songs literal titles. For example, his first featured record this past May was appropriately titled My 1st Single. On his latest effort, Youth In Revolt, the young emcee revolts against the traditional verse-hook-verse formula, relentlessly gracing the track for over three full minutes. Matching the speed of the fast-paced Madizm & Sec.Undo production, Well$ engages with a raspy, rapid-fire flow that is powerfully delivered and rings out atop the beat. While some would be content with a fluid and powerful sound, Well$ delves deeper, using slick wordplay to broach topics such as parental expectations and his desire for success. This cut is a promo single, so it is not attached to anything larger, but keep it locked for more from the revolting (in a good way) emcee.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My 1st Single" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.