North Carolina emcee Well$ seems to enjoy giving his songs literal titles. For example, his first featured record this past May was appropriately titled My 1st Single. On his latest effort, Youth In Revolt, the young emcee revolts against the traditional verse-hook-verse formula, relentlessly gracing the track for over three full minutes. Matching the speed of the fast-paced Madizm & Sec.Undo production, Well$ engages with a raspy, rapid-fire flow that is powerfully delivered and rings out atop the beat. While some would be content with a fluid and powerful sound, Well$ delves deeper, using slick wordplay to broach topics such as parental expectations and his desire for success. This cut is a promo single, so it is not attached to anything larger, but keep it locked for more from the revolting (in a good way) emcee.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My 1st Single" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.