North Carolina emcee Well$ seems to enjoy giving his songs literal titles. For example, his first featured record this past May was appropriately titled My 1st Single. On his latest effort, Youth In Revolt, the young emcee revolts against the traditional verse-hook-verse formula, relentlessly gracing the track for over three full minutes. Matching the speed of the fast-paced Madizm & Sec.Undo production, Well$ engages with a raspy, rapid-fire flow that is powerfully delivered and rings out atop the beat. While some would be content with a fluid and powerful sound, Well$ delves deeper, using slick wordplay to broach topics such as parental expectations and his desire for success. This cut is a promo single, so it is not attached to anything larger, but keep it locked for more from the revolting (in a good way) emcee.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My 1st Single" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.