In search of an up-and-coming emcee to tell your friends about so that you’ll look cool when they blow up? Look no further than WELL$. With a growing buzz, an upcoming album, and two Booth feature spots in a matter of days, the North Carolina spitta is definitely on the verge of breaking out. Following Lil Tommy, which was highlighted on our homepage less than two weeks ago, WELL$ has returned with another effort off MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher. Fitting the title, Dreams Of An Insomniac, producer Atu concocts a hazy, ambient beat that has an early morning vibe thanks to some well-placed dusty chimes. With a uniquely crisp yet relaxed flow, the buzzmaker shares with listeners the dreams that have kept him awake at night and hard at work. There is no word on when MTSYD is scheduled for release, but with two stellar song drops in the past two weeks expect more soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.