Update: We have added the Jay Sprogell-directed visuals for WELL$ Black Swan single.
In the 2010 film Black Swan, a ballerina played by Natalie Portman struggles with inner demons as she prepares to play the lead role in a production of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake, all the while being terrorized by a man in a bird suit. Well$‘s latest feature, the first official single off his debut mixtape, deals with the psychological baggage often carried by another kind of dancer. Backed by Shlohmo‘s moody remix of Jeremih‘s F**k You All the Time, the First in Flight State rhymesayer showcases his narrative chops as he describes the ways in which a young stripper’s fatherless upbringing influenced her psyche and life choices. Jackie Kwenda provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this pensive cut and much more on freshman street album MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher, set to drop at a yet-unscheduled date in the near future.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.