In the 2010 film Black Swan, a ballerina played by Natalie Portman struggles with inner demons as she prepares to play the lead role in a production of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake, all the while being terrorized by a man in a bird suit. Well$‘s latest feature, the first official single off his debut mixtape, deals with the psychological baggage often carried by another kind of dancer. Backed by Shlohmo‘s moody remix of Jeremih‘s F**k You All the Time, the First in Flight State rhymesayer showcases his narrative chops as he describes the ways in which a young stripper’s fatherless upbringing influenced her psyche and life choices. Jackie Kwenda provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this pensive cut and much more on freshman street album MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher, set to drop at a yet-unscheduled date in the near future.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
In just a little over a year, independent emcee WELL$ has been featured seven times on our homepage. Clearly, the Charlotte, North Carolina native is doing something right. Don't just take our word for it, though. His new...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)