Update: We have added the Jay Sprogell-directed visuals for WELL$ Black Swan single.
In the 2010 film Black Swan, a ballerina played by Natalie Portman struggles with inner demons as she prepares to play the lead role in a production of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake, all the while being terrorized by a man in a bird suit. Well$‘s latest feature, the first official single off his debut mixtape, deals with the psychological baggage often carried by another kind of dancer. Backed by Shlohmo‘s moody remix of Jeremih‘s F**k You All the Time, the First in Flight State rhymesayer showcases his narrative chops as he describes the ways in which a young stripper’s fatherless upbringing influenced her psyche and life choices. Jackie Kwenda provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this pensive cut and much more on freshman street album MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher, set to drop at a yet-unscheduled date in the near future.
Written by richard on 12/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.