When you get right down to it, the point of releasing singles (unless they’re just promo singles) is to get listeners buzzing about your next project. So why beat around the bush? Well$ leaves no doubt about his intentions on his latest feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere): he wants to make sure y’all are Look[ing] Out For his next mixtape, MTSYD. To that end, the First in Flight State phenom busts out his most potent lyrical ammunition, bombarding Matt Houston‘s Chipmunk-choral beat with relentlessly-flowed braggadocio and trash-talk. Has this joint fulfilled its intended purpose? Then I don’t need to tell you to keep it locked for the latest on MTSYD: Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher, scheduled for release in early 2014.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.