Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained was one of my favorite movies of the past decade for its storytelling and captivating characters. So I don’t blame Charlotte’s WELL$ for setting his newest video in the same troubled times as the film. The Immaculate Taste emcee has given fans the visuals for his fifth and most recent single, Django, off of his upcoming MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher (out 5/19) and it is ambitious in plot development, to say the least. The visuals pit two factions of slave owners against one another, who gamble on physical combat between their slaves, while WELL$’ character watches on as the right hand man. He may not be the one fighting for his life, but his complexion shows a hidden agenda that he’s playing politics to take his superior’s position sooner than later. His scheming nature reflects the hunger WELL$ raps about in his verses and if someone doesn’t break the chains holding him back from success, he’ll do it himself. Until MTSYD drops, be sure to check out his last featured single, Dreams Of An Insomniac.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.