Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained was one of my favorite movies of the past decade for its storytelling and captivating characters. So I don’t blame Charlotte’s WELL$ for setting his newest video in the same troubled times as the film. The Immaculate Taste emcee has given fans the visuals for his fifth and most recent single, Django, off of his upcoming MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher (out 5/19) and it is ambitious in plot development, to say the least. The visuals pit two factions of slave owners against one another, who gamble on physical combat between their slaves, while WELL$’ character watches on as the right hand man. He may not be the one fighting for his life, but his complexion shows a hidden agenda that he’s playing politics to take his superior’s position sooner than later. His scheming nature reflects the hunger WELL$ raps about in his verses and if someone doesn’t break the chains holding him back from success, he’ll do it himself. Until MTSYD drops, be sure to check out his last featured single, Dreams Of An Insomniac.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.