Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained was one of my favorite movies of the past decade for its storytelling and captivating characters. So I don’t blame Charlotte’s WELL$ for setting his newest video in the same troubled times as the film. The Immaculate Taste emcee has given fans the visuals for his fifth and most recent single, Django, off of his upcoming MTSYD: The Revenge of the African Booty Scratcher (out 5/19) and it is ambitious in plot development, to say the least. The visuals pit two factions of slave owners against one another, who gamble on physical combat between their slaves, while WELL$’ character watches on as the right hand man. He may not be the one fighting for his life, but his complexion shows a hidden agenda that he’s playing politics to take his superior’s position sooner than later. His scheming nature reflects the hunger WELL$ raps about in his verses and if someone doesn’t break the chains holding him back from success, he’ll do it himself. Until MTSYD drops, be sure to check out his last featured single, Dreams Of An Insomniac.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.