There are few more awkward situations than encountering a person whom you remember meeting, but who doesn’t remember meeting you, or vice-versa. That is, if you give a f*ck about being polite. North Carolina spitter WELL$ certainly doesn’t, as you can tell from new single An Awfully Rude Reintroduction, but why should he be? He and the Booth are already well-acquainted. Kicked off with a vocal snippet that Kanye would probably rather forget (“I’ma let you finish…”), this cut finds WELL$ big-upping his clique and trash-talking needy lames over a head-nodding instrumental by Tutankhamen Brothers and THE BL∆CK HE∆RTS CLUB. Reintroduction is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on WELL$‘s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Youth In Revolt" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.