Rappers and NYPD officers are two groups you wouldn’t typically think of as having a lot in common, but in the inexplicable event that an emcee found himself making small talk with one of New York’s finest, I can think of at least one potential topic of conversation: the Chevy Impala. The model is a favorite of hip-hop artists (in its iconic ‘64 incarnation) and a common choice for police cruisers, as well as being popularly associated with street crime. On the latest single off Weekend Money‘s forthcoming, Booth-hosted project (following June’s Yellow), the Big Apple twosome play on this ambiguity; over crewmate Baghdaddy‘s dissonant, vocal-sampled production, NE$$ describes the queasy feeling of having one of the titular vehicles creep up on you—though the circumstances many vary according to your skin color and line of work, the results are nearly never pretty. Originally scheduled to drop this week, the crew’s Naked City has been pushed back to the end of September. Keep it locked for further release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.