While one is enjoyed with impunity and the other’s a Schedule II narcotic, Coke’N'Coffee share the physiological effects of increased alertness, energy and wakefulness. Which is to say, if you’re still sleeping on up-and-coming duo Weekend Money, you won’t be after a few sips/sniffs of what they’re offering on their first Booth feature. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-released EP single finds Hot Sugar protégé Baghdaddy layering a lumbering bassline over heavily syncopated percussion as partner-in-rhyme Ness chronicles the journey that’s made him the major player he is today—from his beginnings, “right around the time Kanye and 50 was battling,” to his current position of power: “Bought a brand new car, I’m buyin’ clothes / Got a giant loft, f**kin’ all kind of hoes.” Poppin’ he may be, but satisfied he ain’t; as the Philly repper makes abundantly clear, he’s still very much on his grind. Does Coke’N'Coffee leave you fiending for more? Then be sure to cop Weekend Money’s Naked City EP when it hits the ‘net June 5. In the meantime, click here to peep the crew’s latest video, Insomniac.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.