While one is enjoyed with impunity and the other’s a Schedule II narcotic, Coke’N'Coffee share the physiological effects of increased alertness, energy and wakefulness. Which is to say, if you’re still sleeping on up-and-coming duo Weekend Money, you won’t be after a few sips/sniffs of what they’re offering on their first Booth feature. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-released EP single finds Hot Sugar protégé Baghdaddy layering a lumbering bassline over heavily syncopated percussion as partner-in-rhyme Ness chronicles the journey that’s made him the major player he is today—from his beginnings, “right around the time Kanye and 50 was battling,” to his current position of power: “Bought a brand new car, I’m buyin’ clothes / Got a giant loft, f**kin’ all kind of hoes.” Poppin’ he may be, but satisfied he ain’t; as the Philly repper makes abundantly clear, he’s still very much on his grind. Does Coke’N'Coffee leave you fiending for more? Then be sure to cop Weekend Money’s Naked City EP when it hits the ‘net June 5. In the meantime, click here to peep the crew’s latest video, Insomniac.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.