While one is enjoyed with impunity and the other’s a Schedule II narcotic, Coke’N'Coffee share the physiological effects of increased alertness, energy and wakefulness. Which is to say, if you’re still sleeping on up-and-coming duo Weekend Money, you won’t be after a few sips/sniffs of what they’re offering on their first Booth feature. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-released EP single finds Hot Sugar protégé Baghdaddy layering a lumbering bassline over heavily syncopated percussion as partner-in-rhyme Ness chronicles the journey that’s made him the major player he is today—from his beginnings, “right around the time Kanye and 50 was battling,” to his current position of power: “Bought a brand new car, I’m buyin’ clothes / Got a giant loft, f**kin’ all kind of hoes.” Poppin’ he may be, but satisfied he ain’t; as the Philly repper makes abundantly clear, he’s still very much on his grind. Does Coke’N'Coffee leave you fiending for more? Then be sure to cop Weekend Money’s Naked City EP when it hits the ‘net June 5. In the meantime, click here to peep the crew’s latest video, Insomniac.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.