While one is enjoyed with impunity and the other’s a Schedule II narcotic, Coke’N'Coffee share the physiological effects of increased alertness, energy and wakefulness. Which is to say, if you’re still sleeping on up-and-coming duo Weekend Money, you won’t be after a few sips/sniffs of what they’re offering on their first Booth feature. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-released EP single finds Hot Sugar protégé Baghdaddy layering a lumbering bassline over heavily syncopated percussion as partner-in-rhyme Ness chronicles the journey that’s made him the major player he is today—from his beginnings, “right around the time Kanye and 50 was battling,” to his current position of power: “Bought a brand new car, I’m buyin’ clothes / Got a giant loft, f**kin’ all kind of hoes.” Poppin’ he may be, but satisfied he ain’t; as the Philly repper makes abundantly clear, he’s still very much on his grind. Does Coke’N'Coffee leave you fiending for more? Then be sure to cop Weekend Money’s Naked City EP when it hits the ‘net June 5. In the meantime, click here to peep the crew’s latest video, Insomniac.
Written by richard on 05/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.