When an artist releases a song that didn’t make the album, fans anxious to take a listen to the project might be disappointed. When the cut is as good as Webbz’ Believe, however, it should make fans very excited, because if this was left out, the records that did make the cut must be even doper. Webbz delivers the first and third verses of the track, blessing the dripping, shrouded boardwork of producer Young McFly with an intriguing flow that’s crisp, with just a touch of raspy blunted-ness. That hazy undertone becomes all the more notable when guest emcee Jigg grabs the mic to showcase his louder, more assertive style on the middle verse. If this cut has you believing in the Florida emcee’s potential, then be sure to check out Pursuit of Happiness when it drops in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
Currency Exchange Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Helluva Day ft. Flo Rida" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.