When an artist releases a song that didn’t make the album, fans anxious to take a listen to the project might be disappointed. When the cut is as good as Webbz’ Believe, however, it should make fans very excited, because if this was left out, the records that did make the cut must be even doper. Webbz delivers the first and third verses of the track, blessing the dripping, shrouded boardwork of producer Young McFly with an intriguing flow that’s crisp, with just a touch of raspy blunted-ness. That hazy undertone becomes all the more notable when guest emcee Jigg grabs the mic to showcase his louder, more assertive style on the middle verse. If this cut has you believing in the Florida emcee’s potential, then be sure to check out Pursuit of Happiness when it drops in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/18/13
Currency Exchange Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Helluva Day ft. Flo Rida" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.