When an artist releases a song that didn’t make the album, fans anxious to take a listen to the project might be disappointed. When the cut is as good as Webbz’ Believe, however, it should make fans very excited, because if this was left out, the records that did make the cut must be even doper. Webbz delivers the first and third verses of the track, blessing the dripping, shrouded boardwork of producer Young McFly with an intriguing flow that’s crisp, with just a touch of raspy blunted-ness. That hazy undertone becomes all the more notable when guest emcee Jigg grabs the mic to showcase his louder, more assertive style on the middle verse. If this cut has you believing in the Florida emcee’s potential, then be sure to check out Pursuit of Happiness when it drops in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/18/13
Currency Exchange Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Helluva Day ft. Flo Rida" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.