When an artist releases a song that didn’t make the album, fans anxious to take a listen to the project might be disappointed. When the cut is as good as Webbz’ Believe, however, it should make fans very excited, because if this was left out, the records that did make the cut must be even doper. Webbz delivers the first and third verses of the track, blessing the dripping, shrouded boardwork of producer Young McFly with an intriguing flow that’s crisp, with just a touch of raspy blunted-ness. That hazy undertone becomes all the more notable when guest emcee Jigg grabs the mic to showcase his louder, more assertive style on the middle verse. If this cut has you believing in the Florida emcee’s potential, then be sure to check out Pursuit of Happiness when it drops in June.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/18/13
Currency Exchange Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Helluva Day ft. Flo Rida" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.