If you and your people are out at a Baton Rouge, Louisiana nightspot, and you glimpse a group of people who are hotter, drunker and just having a better time than the other people in the room, there’s a good chance that the people you’re looking at are Webbie‘s people. People, people, people. OK, sorry about that – after three or four back-to-back listens of the Trill Entertainment rapper’s latest single, My People, my brain is so saturated with the word in question that it’s lost its meaning (and consequently, seems funnier to me with each repetition). Anyways, this dancefloor-ready cut finds producer J. Buck serving up a bass-booming, synth-driven instrumental as Webbie describes the activities of a typical evening out with his, um, crew; needless to say, the night involves drinking, sexy shawtys, and did I mention drinking? In short, it’s the very definition of a Southern club banger. If this sounds like something you and your… peer group… could vibe out to, keep it locked for further details on Webbie’s third studio album, which has yet to receive a title or release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 03/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wipe Me Down (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.