Anyone who watches hip-hop music videos (that is, if you can find them on TV) knows that rappers like to flaunt their wealth and success. In an effort to parade their bank account (or the bank account of their record label), most artists come across as completely unappreciative of the career they’ve been handed on a silver platter. However, in an industry full of egotistical maniacs (hey, Kanye), there are plenty of artists who are truly grateful for the wonderful profession they’ve been given to practice. Displaying his appreciation on A Miracle, rapper Webbie describes the unimaginable position he finds himself in today, alongside in-house producer Mouse, and features Birdman and Rick Ross. Webbie’s sophomore album, Savage Life 2, is out today.
Written by DJ Z on 02/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wipe Me Down (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.