Anyone who watches hip-hop music videos (that is, if you can find them on TV) knows that rappers like to flaunt their wealth and success. In an effort to parade their bank account (or the bank account of their record label), most artists come across as completely unappreciative of the career they’ve been handed on a silver platter. However, in an industry full of egotistical maniacs (hey, Kanye), there are plenty of artists who are truly grateful for the wonderful profession they’ve been given to practice. Displaying his appreciation on A Miracle, rapper Webbie describes the unimaginable position he finds himself in today, alongside in-house producer Mouse, and features Birdman and Rick Ross. Webbie’s sophomore album, Savage Life 2, is out today.
Written by DJ Z on 02/25/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wipe Me Down (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.