Call me square, but there’s something beautiful about flipping on the Night Light and turning in early, secure in the knowledge that you’ll wake up rested and ready to face whatever the day may throw at you. Not that Weapons of Audio would know—on their latest single (the duo’s first feature since bringing down the house with exclusive freestyle #217), ATLiens Floyd and Jeremy Daniels turn in a “smanging”—yes, smanging—ode to the freedom and fun of partying into the wee hours of the morning. The record finds WoA hooking up with co-producer Graham Marsh to craft a synth-sizzling, four-on-the-floor backdrop for their tantalizing images of revelry: “Wanna be somewhere where the mood is right, where the cups is full and the girls is free, bout to be a good night, most certainly.” Dripping with energy and positive vibes, this party-starter is almost enough to make you forget about the whole “need for sleep” things. How about it, Booth readers: has this dancefloor-scorcher started your evening (or morning, or afternoon, as the case may be) off right? Then stay tuned for more new music and further details leading up to the arrival of their as-yet-untitled/unscheduled studio album.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view WoA’s Jesus “Demonbabies” Rivera-directed Night Light visual. Girl Crazy EP is scheduled for release on February 4.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.