Call me square, but there’s something beautiful about flipping on the Night Light and turning in early, secure in the knowledge that you’ll wake up rested and ready to face whatever the day may throw at you. Not that Weapons of Audio would know—on their latest single (the duo’s first feature since bringing down the house with exclusive freestyle #217), ATLiens Floyd and Jeremy Daniels turn in a “smanging”—yes, smanging—ode to the freedom and fun of partying into the wee hours of the morning. The record finds WoA hooking up with co-producer Graham Marsh to craft a synth-sizzling, four-on-the-floor backdrop for their tantalizing images of revelry: “Wanna be somewhere where the mood is right, where the cups is full and the girls is free, bout to be a good night, most certainly.” Dripping with energy and positive vibes, this party-starter is almost enough to make you forget about the whole “need for sleep” things. How about it, Booth readers: has this dancefloor-scorcher started your evening (or morning, or afternoon, as the case may be) off right? Then stay tuned for more new music and further details leading up to the arrival of their as-yet-untitled/unscheduled studio album.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view WoA’s Jesus “Demonbabies” Rivera-directed Night Light visual. Girl Crazy EP is scheduled for release on February 4.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)